I am trying to be on a spending fast. It's not working too well, so I decided to make myself reminders of why I am saving. We are saving so that we can go on a cruise and lay on the beach for a few days. I started with putting this picture everywhere I can, my desktop background, on my social media pages, on my fridge, etc.
I wanted to get it printed so that I could put it more places, but that cost money. So I started my next project by cutting out pictures from magazines and travel brochures. The idea was to wrap the pictures around each of my credit cards so that I had a visual reminder why I shouldn't use them. This is what I cam up with instead:
1. Cut your paper 3 1/2 inches x 4 3/4 inches. Fold it in half.
3. Rip off a piece of packing tape, and place your picture and motivational phrase face down onto the tape.
4. Next, place that tape onto the folded paper. Cut slits in the tape so that it is easier to fold around the edges.
5. Use a second piece of tape to cover up the rest of the picture and fold all of the edges of the tape down.
6. Slide your card in, and hide it in your wallet.
Now that I'm not traveling I need to leave my credit card at home, but otherwise I like having my debit cards on me for emergencies and for the regular stuff that still has to be bought (like gas and groceries). Hopefully the reminders will help me buy less unnecessary stuff! What other ways do you try to motivate yourself to save money?